- Is it safe to get food delivered?
The general consensus is to adopt the no-contact delivery approach. The main risk of transmission is through contact with an infected individual. Some couriers may decide to drop the food off and ring the bell to reduce face to face contact. It would be useful to include in the comments whether you want to leave cash outside and would like the deliverer to simply place food at your doorstep.
- Is coronavirus transmissible via food or food containers?
There is evidence which suggests that the virus is inactivated by heat. Therefore, cooked foods should minimize the risk of any transmission from the food itself. In terms of the container or bag, there are safety precautions to follow to ensure a reduction in the risk of transmission. People should wash hands after handling containers and before eating food. It is also recommended to use an alcohol wipe on containers.
- Are we paying extra?
Our goal is to connect you directly to the restaurant to reduce the need to use a third-party app. In doing so, you are not only paying slightly less but also minimising the cut taken from the restaurant owners, aiding them to survive through the Covid-19 outbreak.
- How do I share your website?
Please help us in supporting local and small businesses by sharing our page on your social media or telling all your friends about us!
- How can I protect myself from COVID-19?
According to the WHO, you should
• Wash your hands frequently
• Maintain social distance
• Avoid touching face, nose and mouth
• Seek medical attention quickly if you have a fever, cough or difficulty breathing
• Stay informed and follow the information provided by health workers